Everything looked good so we set sails on Friday morning and after about two hours the wind picked up, and that was when things started going wrong.
After a while we had a steady wind of 40 knots towards us, that gusted at 48 knots.
Suddenly the engine stopped working as shit in the tank was stirred up, fortunately we had some new diesel filters in the boat, so Robert changed both filters and tried to restart the engine, but no luck.
We then had to try to get back to Puerto de Mogan on sail which is kind of tricky, as the acceleration field between the islands is very local, and does not reach all the way to Mogan.
After about one hour, we hit an area that had absolutely no wind, but 2-3 knots current towards us, it was also an area that had no coverage for VHF or cell phone, so in fact it was not a nice situation.
After drifting for 6 hours, moving approximately 100 meters, and only in the direction of the cliffs, we finally got som coverage on out cell phone and managed to call the rescue service. They had to come all the way from Arguineguín and towed us back to Puerto de Mogan.
Needless to say, we were quite unhappy to return the same day not making any way ahead on our way back to Norway.